Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WHY A BLOG?


The idea of having a blog so I can share my thoughts with the world has never interested me much. I don't think of myself as someone who is that interesting! Just the same, however, creating a record of my travels is appealing. As well, some of the destinations may be of interest because they are unusual.

The photo on the right, for example, shows a cenotaph built in the middle ages in a small town in northern India called Orchha which Paul, my husband, and I visited in late 2007.

In calling this blog "Annette's travels," I am thinking of vacation travels. If I overcome my reluctance to express my thoughts and find blogging is satisfying, I may broaden the definition to include any number of ways to travel.

The initial impetus for the blog came recently when I created a photo-book on Webshots.com. I found this very rewarding, and decided to order additional copies to give as Christmas gifts. Unfortunately, postage to Canada was quite expensive, so I looked for a way to post the book on the Internet. What follows in the next several posts is my attempt to do that.

No comments: